With all the information about Covid-19, and so much being misleading, we felt it might be helpful to our customers to provide some reference comparisons.
The Covid-19 data in the table below is refreshed every 60 seconds.
|Covid-19Next update: Loading|
|U.S. Flu (avg)||US||South Korea||EU||Italy||World||Maine|
(% of Population)
(% of Cases)
(% of Cases)
03-29-2020 :: Covid-19 Task Force Conference
- President Trump's Covid-19 Task Force stated the death rate is likely to peak within the next two weeks. President Trump urges all citizens to carefully follow the CDC guidelines. If the death toll were to reach 100,000 - this would require about 49,000 deaths a week.
- President Trump's Covid-19 Task Force announced that their current models shows a possibility of a United States death toll reaching 100,000 or even 200,000 (this would be from 2 to 5 times the seasonal Flu deaths). This is IF everyone will do their best at taking care of themselves AND their neighbors. These numbers were also arrived at by an independent study.
- President Trump extends the CDC guideline for restrictions until about April 30th; leaving the power in the hands of state governors to act as they see fit to protect their citizens - which is technically how the Constitution describes the proper relationship between a Federal and State government.
- CDC releases travel warnings for the states of New York, Connecticut, and New Jersey.
- FDA approves 15 minute Covid-19 test that can be administered by a care provider.
- There are at least (approximately) cases of non-Covid-19 respiratory illnesses in the U.S. (or approximately x the number of Covid-19 cases). Officials have stated that of all the Covid-19 tests performed that, on average, only 14% of the respiratory illnesses are Covid-19.
- The number of "cases in America" should not be mistaken for an "Active Cases" count. This number (which is commonly reported as X "Cases of Covid-19 in America") is actually a running total of all cases that have been reported and does not subtract recoveries or deaths.
- We do not list "Recoveries" in the table above. The reason for this is that while the number of deaths seem to be accurately tracked - so far it appears that recovery counts are not being reported back the the Department of Health and Human Services. Now that the "CARES" bill is signed into law, section 18115 requires accurate and timely reporting to DHHS. So we will soon be adding Recovery and Active Cases.
The federal and local governments have made requests for all citizens to do their part to slow (and hopefully end) the spread of the Covid-19 virus. Parks & Sons, as a Christian operated business, believe we all have a duty to be responsible for our actions - and so much the more as to reduce the risks to others.
With Covid-19 entering Maine, Parks & Sons has decided for both the health and increased safety of our own family as well as that of our customers it would be appropriate to temporarily halt services. It is our intentions to halt services for a 2 week period, at which time we will assess the situation and determine if it would be appropriate to restart our public services.
We realize this may pose some inconveniences for our customers but our hopes are that by doing our part to reduce the spread of this virus it will hasten a return to normal business services.
Both young and old must do our part to ensure that we are not the cause of harm to others.
Let us not be as Cain whose attitude was "Am I my brother's keeper".
"We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves. Let every one of us please his neighbor for his good to edification. For even Christ pleased not Himself; but, as it is written, The reproaches of them that reproached You fell on Me." (Romans 15:1-3).
Thank you so much for your loyalty and continued patronage
Welcome to Parks & Sons Piano Service
Parks & Sons Piano Service is family owned and operated. Providing full piano services to Maine.
We routinely service homes, schools, churches, and centers of performance located from south of Bangor to north of Presque Isle; from west of Saint Albans to the east in Eastport and Lubec, and most points between.
Since Parks & Sons offers full piano service we can take care of almost any piano need. Whether you are looking for piano tuning, repair, rebuilding, reconditioning, refinishing, moving, or appraisal services (just to mention a few), Parks & Sons can help you.
Remember that having your piano tuned at least once a year can actual save the owner money. A piano which has been neglected year after year may require costly repairs to become playable again. On the other hand, pianos that receive services, such as a yearly tuning by a tuner/technician, can usually avoid such problems.
The savings associated with preventative service is one reason you should always have your piano tuned by a tuner-technician.
Some tuners are not technicians (i.e. tuning may be the only service they provide) - their knowledge of piano repair and servicing is quite limited. Problems may go unnoticed, or repairs and adjustments may be avoided from fear of the unknown.
A piano tuner-technician's knowledge of piano function, repair, and servicing is invaluable during routine tunings. These skills enabling small repairs and adjustments to be made during a tuning visit (many times at no extra charge). This can prevent small problems from ballooning into headaches that could be more costly. By having a Parks & Sons Piano tuner-technician tune, or otherwise service, your piano at least once a year can provide better confidence that your piano is being properly cared for and the instrument's value is being better maintained.
Parks & Sons’ view of piano servicing and customer relations is a serious commitment to treating them as we would want to be treated ourselves.
We always remember you own your piano and you alone have the right to make decisions regarding piano service for the instrument. When a repair or other extra service need does arise the Parks & Sons’ tuner-technician will discuss with the customer the needs along with the available options and costs. The customer can then make a knowledgeable decision based on their personal needs.
When you are looking for your Maine piano tuner, or any piano service, please let Parks & Sons Piano Service demonstrate the quality of our professional services and our affordable rates.